You can apply for funding from the scheme if:

  • own your home (including park home owners, long-leaseholders and shared ownership)
  • be a private or social landlord

Your property must be in England to be eligible for the scheme.

Landlords cannot apply for the low-income portion of the scheme. (A grant from your local authority as part of the Local Authority Delivery Scheme.)

Check to see how much you may be able to apply for at:

Funding will be made via a voucher for £5,000 from the government to cover up to two-thirds of the cost of anticipated works, which must be spent with certified suppliers on energy efficient measures. (The Simple Energy Advice website can help you find local tradespeople –

Applications for vouchers will commence at the end of September.

Vouchers must be redeemed and improvements completed by 31 March 2021.

Between now and the end of September is a good time to investigate what works would be beneficial for your property and which local suppliers and tradespeople you can use.

More information on how to apply for a voucher will be made available on GOV.UK in due course.