UPDATE: TWO SPACES UNEXPECTEDLY AVAILABLE DUE TO CANCELLATIONS BY MEMBERS
ONE DAY COURSE
TAXATION AND LANDLORDS
SPECIALIST LANDLORD TAX COURSE
15 NOVEMBER 2019
CORNWALL COUNCIL OFFICES, DOLCOATH AVENUE, CAMBORNE
The course will cost
CRLA Members £70.00
We have been fortunate to be able to book Sue Bryer to give a course on taxation.
· Introduction and overview of the UK Tax regime -Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax (brief overview) and Corporation Tax
· A comprehensive coverage of IHT and wealth management and tax strategies
· Income Tax –an analysis and its relationship with section 24
· Allowable expenses and what to offset
· Full explanation of Section 24 tax implications and clear worked examples
· An explanation of why 20% tax payers are possibly the most vulnerable-how often do you hear the soundbites that a 20% tax payer will not be affected?
· Templates created by Sue will be shared on the course to enable landlords to complete calculations on their own personal portfolios and to understand their tax liability
· Your 20% tax reducer (relief) may not be your finance costs!
· Whether to operate as a company or individual investor (pros and cons of incorporation)
· LLPs – a thorough explanation of the benefits of an LLP and how the drafting of ‘model clauses’ – which are shared – are essential to get the required flexibility for tax purposes
· The various options available, and which ones to use in the light of S24- remodel, restructure or refinance?
· An explanation and introduction to the use of Trusts and how they are taxed
· Making tax digital
· Smart exits and strategies during your lifetime
Delegates attending the Specialist Tax Course will:
· use templates created by Sue, and by following clear steps will be able to calculate their personal tax liability in the light of the S24 Tax
· be introduced to the drafting techniques used in LLPs – model clauses will be shared- which are essential to get the essential tax flexibility landlords require
· the course is delivered with its own course brochure for you to make your own notes.
The topic of taxation is avoided by many landlords but with the increased pressure from HMRC and loss of mortgage relief (Section 24) it is now an important part of any landlord’s strategy.
This course is an updated version of the course which received good reviews from Portsmouth and District Landlords Association.
Many thanks to Cornwall Council for arranging the use of a room in their offices.
Sue Bryer is a solicitor qualified for over 30 years and an accredited private landlord for 25 years based in Sussex.
Recognising that there was a need to provide detailed tax training for private landlords and property developers, Sue has been delivering a wide range of face to face tax education over the past 5 years, culminating in the bespoke design and delivery of two 1-day landlord taxation courses for landlord associations and accreditation schemes.
Specialist Landlord Tax
Understanding Capital Gains Taxation – Should I sell?
Over 70 of these courses have been delivered over the past 5 years and have proven to be very popular. Landlords struggle to find answers as to how to stay profitable, keep their assets and seek clarity as to whether they need to restructure and/or remodel their portfolios to be more tax efficient due to the recent tax changes.
Many landlords have elected to reduce their portfolio size by selling some of their properties. It has also brought into sharp focus the need for careful tax planning and refining exit strategies.
Sue Bryer Landlord Tax Training Associates has pleasure in offering these courses to empower and enable landlords to complete essential calculations. They provide a conceptual learning experience followed by user friendly calculations. The new method of how landlords are taxed and the related vocabulary HMRC has recently introduced, will be shared and explained in full.
Following discussions on this course with an accountant considered knowledgeable in landlord tax issues he admitted that he did not know a lot of the content and may consider attending himself.—Ruth
Any queries please contact Ruth Clarke
Only 20 spaces on this course so please book asap
Click here to download your booking form.